The 15 Most Popular Gacha Games of May 2022
Full Sensortower statistics for the month of April 2022 are in – are you ready to see what the most played Gacha games are this month? Who the highest earners are? Then look no further.
- Surprising everyone around the globe, the mostly overlooked, obscure indie-hit Jenshin Impacc (Genshin Impact) came in as the #1 most downloaded Gacha game. Totaling both China and the US, we had 3 million new downloads, and $118 million dollars made in total revenue.
- Coming in at #2 is Uma Musume, with 150,000 new downloads and $36 million dollars in total revenue. Given this is specific to the region of Japan at present, this is incredibly impressive.
- Then at #3 we have Fate/Grand Order, totaling Japan and the US we have 150,000 new downloads, and $39 million dollars in total revenue. Only $5 million of which came from the US. Yes, it’s that much more popular in Japan. To the surprise of nobody.
- At #4 we have Heaven Burns Red, another Japan exclusive, with 60,000 total downloads and $20 million dollars in total revenue.
- Then at #5 we have Project Sekai, with the total combined downloads between both the US and Japan coming in at 600,000, and total revenue at $14.5 million dollars.
- Moving on to #6 we have the combined total downloads for Arknights at 120,000, with total revenue being $9 million dollars.
- At #7 we have Guardian Tales, with the combined total downloads at 150,000. Total revenue was at $4 million dollars.
- #8 is Shironeko – another Japan exclusive, with 30,000 downloads and $2.8 million dollars made in revenue.
- Then, at #9 is Princess Connect. The combined total downloads for both Japan and the US is 80,000, with total revenue at $2.4 million dollars.
- Coming in at #10 we have Honkai Impact 3rd, with a whopping total of 400,000 new downloads and $3 million dollars in total revenue.
- #11 might shock some of you as to why it’s so low in the list, but Blue Archive managed to have a combined total of 140,000 new downloads, and $3.3 million dollars in total revenue between Japan and the US.
- Interestingly enough, even lower than Blue Archive was Azur Lane at #12 – with 120,000 new downloads and $2.9 million dollars in total revenue.
- At #13 is Assault Lily – another Japanese exclusive with 12,000 new downloads and $1.5 million dollars in total revenue.
- Followed by Bang Dream at #14, another Japanese exclusive, with 60,000 new downloads and $1.4 million dollars in total revenue.
- And finally, Magia Record, another Japanese exclusive, came in at #15, with 25,000 new downloads and $1.3 million dollars in total revenue.
Those right there are the 15 most played, most downloaded, highest grossing Gacha games across the world. They’re also the only games recorded to have made over a million dollars in total revenue for the month of April, 2022.