Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
Coming off of the popular success of its Morrowind expansion, The Elder Scrolls Online is receiving a brand new expansion titled Summerset!
Summerset Isle is an island off of Cyrodiil (the main continent in ESO), the island is home to both the Altmer and Bosmer races, more formally known as High Elves and Wood Elves. The Summerset Isle is a place many an Elder Scrolls fan has wanted to visit, however fans have been left disappointed after never being given the opportunity to. There has been a single game that has allowed you to reach this “forbidden island” but that was all the way back in the 1990’s.
So it’s exciting to know that we will finally be able to visit this majestic island of Summerset.
This expansion will be made available on May 21st for PC players, with it later becoming available for consoles on June 5th. Now, here’s a summary of various things you can look forward to in the upcoming Summerset expansion:
- The ability to travel to the previously recluse island of the High Elves that is a larger world mass Than ESO’s previous expansion Morrowind.
- A brand new order called the Psijic order. Joining this new order will allow you to travel to their mysterious home of Artaeum.
- There is a new skill line added with this expansion that is related to the order of Psijic. This new skill line gives you power over time magic.
- A new crafting profession was also added, called Jewelry Crafting. You create accessories for either oneself – or other players.
- There will be new PVE content added – such as a new 12-man instance called Cloudrest and the Abyssal Geysers.
If you’ve played The Elder Scrolls Online before or have any knowledge regarding ESO’s previous expansion, you’ll know that the content of the expansion will not be gated behind a level-lock, instead, you can access and partake in everything the expansion has to offer right from level 1. Something I believe other MMOs should take note of.
Unfortunately, that is pretty much all we know currently about Summerset isle and the new upcoming expansion! Stay tuned as we keep you updated with additional information as we get closer to its release.